This large quilt involves piecing, Colourque and applique. It is sold as a large single pattern and could easily be kitted using a coordinating range of fabrics in two colourways. A great way for customers to try Colourque without the hand stitching of the normal Colourque projects. A good project to move onto after the Faux Applique book.
Quilt measures 85” x 85” (212cm x 212cm).
Make this stunning quilt using simple coloured pencils and your preferred appliqué technique.
- 103” (3 yds) / 2.6m background fabric OR 111“ (3 ¼” yds / 2.8m if you do not want joins in your border
- total of 53“/1.4m various light tan fabrics OR 18”/45cm each of three different light tan fabrics
- 16’/40cm dark tan fabric
- total of 60“/2.1m varous blue fabrics OR 28”/70cm each of three different blue fabrics
- 40“/1m of one blue fabric
- 64”/1.6m pink fabric
- 10yd/9m piping cord
- Hugs 'n Kisses Applique Paper
- Washable glue (Sewline Glue pen or Roxanne’s Glue Baste it)
- Ceramic/chalk mechanical pencil (Sewline or Bohin)
- Applique needle and matching thread to applique fabrics
- Derwent Artist pencils #68 Blue Grey, 71 Silver Grey (or two shades of a colour to match your chosen fabrics)
- Folk Art Textile medium and small paintbrush
I have used the Cotillion range of fabrics from Marcus Brothers (XLN in Australia)